Position Title: Senior Database Administrator - Oracle Fusion Middleware
Reports to: Direct of Infrastructure & Business Operations
Worker Category: Regular, Full Time
Location: 716 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The successful incumbent will work with the existing team to support Oracle Fusion middleware components and create new middleware installations for specific projects.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator works closely with all data centre professionals and the successful incumbent will be a member of the data center DBA team. Rotating on call support as part of the Oracle DBA team will be required.
The successful candidate will be a problem solver who can methodically analyze and resolve business challenges within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies. You must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Collect and document user requirements
• Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
• Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
• Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
• Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis
• Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
• Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
• Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
• Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
• Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
• Lead and co-ordinate teams and or supervision of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models
Education and Experience
• 10 plus years of experience in Oracle Data base administration
• 10 plus years of leading teams of information systems professionals
• Technical Diploma or Technical Certification from an accredited technical college or university
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Leadership and team skills
• Documentation Skills
• Change Management Process/Experience
• Excellent oral and written English language skills
Knowledge in the following:
• Oracle Weblogic Server
• Oracle Application Server (Forms and Reports)
• Oracle Service Bus
• Oracle SOA/BPEL
• Oracle Identity Management Suite (IdM)
• Oracle BI Publisher Scripting ( Python, Perl, Shell)
• Infrastructure Software (Installation/Configuration/Administration)
• Oracle RDBMS/DBA Knowledge (10g/11g and 12c Required)
• Oracle RAC 10g/11g
• Oracle Data Integrator
• Active Data Guard
• Oracle Connection Manager
• RMAN backup
• NetApps Storage
• ITIL (optional)
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality
This position will be posted until filled.
An eligibility list may be established for this, or similar vacancies within the company.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in confidence Quoting: Senior Database Administrator - Oracle Fusion Middleware by applying online to:
Cliff Tang, Recruiter
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers