Position Title: QA Tester Automation (Agile/Devops) – Full Time or Contract
Worker Category: Full-time Employee or Contractor
Reports to: Direct of Business Systems Analyst, Medical Services Plan
Worker Category: Regular, Full Time
Location: 716 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The QA Tester will test applications and codes using MAXIMUS standard testing methodology to meet the testing milestones and deliver high-quality solutions on time and on budget.
• Create test scenarios, test scripts, test cases, and test data
• Create automation testing scenarios to ensure compliance with coding standards
• Development Testing Applications in Oracle Database, SQL Developer, and PL/SQL tools
• Develop QA Automation testing scenarios using test automation tools such as: Borland/Micro Focus or Smart Bear tools suite
Education and Experience
• Degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in systems analysis, information systems, computer science or a related field
• Minimum 5 years of software testing and QA experience, testing of both client/server and web based applications
• Minimum 3 years of significant hands-on automated testing experience of both client/server and web based applications
• Experience successfully implementing and supporting enterprise applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Expertise in SQL skills is mandatory. Oracle Database and SQL Developer and PL/SQL tool
• Strong QA Automation Skills on industry standard commercial testing tools such as: Borland/Micro Focus or smart Bear tools suite
• Strong methodology skills: Agile, DEVOPS
• Strong knowledge of SDLC
• Strong knowledge of Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC)
• Strong analytical skills are mandatory
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good team player
• Any past development experience (junior level) using latest technologies Java, .Net is an asset
• Strong scripting skills VB script, Java script
• Very Strong Communication Skills
• 1 Year of Java Development
• 1 Year of PL/SQL Development
• At least 2 years of test automation experience (preferably Borland Silk Suite).
• SQL, PUTTY, Ultra Edit
• Regression Testing Methods
• Black Box, White Box, Grey Box Testing
• Business Systems Analysis Experience
• HL7 messaging
• Health Insurance or Pharmacy Industry
• Release planning, business systems analysis and documentation, business process reengineering, and business case development and status reporting
• Borland Caliber RM and Star Team
• Experience with the application landscape that supports the British Columbia Ministry of Health
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality
We will be accepting applications until 9:00 pm (PST) on Friday May 29, 2020.
An eligibility list may be established for this role.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Cliff Tang, Recruiter
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers